A few weeks ago we shipped off our 400 lb crate full of displays and all the things we will need for our upcoming trade shows in Atlanta and New York. This is always a huge task and makes us feels like we are playing a game of "real life" Tetris! Every table, shelf, wooden crate, glass bottle, track lighting, order forms, business cards, etc. etc. etc. has to be packed in this big ol' box which then gets put on a truck and shipped to a warehouse. From the warehouse it will go to our booth at Americas Mart in Atlanta. We will un pack, set up our beautiful booth, have an amazing show then re pack it all when it is over. From Atlanta the crate gets shipped to the NY Now show in NYC and then we do it all over again. From NY the crate gets returned to us in Little Rock and we store it until the next round of shows in January.
So much work goes in to preparing for these shows. It is very costly, and very stressful, but we find joy in it by meeting new buyers and fans of our hand made creations when it is show time. We also enjoy the travel and making new friends!
Many thanks go out to everyone that has helped us over the past few months to pull this all together. Hopefully we get everyone, and if we missed someone please let us know!!
- Jeane Bowers Garrett, thank you for sewing all of our wall panels over the past few years. And thank you for doing this out of the kindness of your heart because you want to see Bella Vita succeed. The favor is much appreciated!
- Kevin Waltemire, thank you for making all of our bad ass graphics for postcards, jewelry tags, social media, website, etc. etc. etc. You rock and make Bella Vita look good!
- Stephanie Parsley, thank you for taking amazing pictures of our jewelry! You're a gem to work with and we can't wait for future shoots!
- Stephanie Hopkins w/ Magna IV printing, thank you for putting up with my ridiculous deadlines and making all the print jobs happen.
- Macy Madison, for coming to the rescue and addressing postcards at the last minute.
- Erin Lorenzen big round of applause for hemming our newly painted sign/banner and giving advice on painting a sign. And Olivia Trimble for more advice on painting a logo projected on canvas. And the ladies at Art Outfitters for guiding me to all the appropriate painting supples to paint said sign.
- Valerie at South Main Creative - thanks for lending books for our photoshoot. Brooks and Shannon at Electric Ghost - thanks for lending succulents for the photoshoot as well! And thanks for our bad ass new totes to give out to buyers! We <3 them!
- Big smiles and hugs to my hubby and my family and friends who put up with all my neurotic behavior.
- And to my Mom for stringing hundreds of feet of crystals for our new crystal bangles (which will debut at market and might just be giving them away to interested buyers!!!).
400 lbs of Bella Vita display and such. Fingers crossed it all makes it without being damaged, or lost. Things get lost, last January I showed up to NY Now to find that my favorite little box of nails, hooks, screws, etc was missing! I know its just a box of hardware, BUT, it was the most complete little resource ever! And, 6 months later, I've come to terms with the loss...
It really is like playing Tetris...
Photograph everything so you remember what you packed!
Last minute sign painting. No big deal. Except I should have put plastic between the canvas and my living room wall!!! Now I get to repaint the living room.
Extra large banners of our new photos by Stephanie Parsley Photography! Can't wait to hang these babies!
New tote bags that we will be handing out to interested buyers at market! Exciting stuff!
Tomorrow is the big day! Brandy flies out at 5:30 in the morning and will set up the booth all day. Then the show starts on Thursday. We will have a full recap when she returns!