In honor of Thanksgiving, we wanted to take a moment to do something a little different. So this week we are putting Boss Lady on pause to bring you this special message: THANK YOU!
To our families: THANK YOU
To our friends: THANK YOU
To our customers: THANK YOU
To our followers: THANK YOU
To anyone who's ever liked or shard a single post: THANK YOU
The Bella Vita Team couldn't do what we do without your support and we could not be more grateful! Lot's of exciting things have happened this year - The Bella Vita Brick and Mortar Shop recently expanded it's hours (now open Wednesday - Saturday) and just celebrated it's 3rd Birthday, we launched an electronic purchasing site to make life easier for our stockists, and have done SO many shows and workshops around the country. The team has also been growing and changing this year - Brandy (Boss Lady/Owner/Designer) is still at the helm focusing on new designs and growing the business; Miki (Studio Assistant) in addition to her duties at Bella Vita has started working part time with one of our first featured Boss Ladies, Jill White, and is getting back to her roots in Interior Design; Saira (Shop Assistant) has been expanding her photography business and you can see her work on the Boss Lady blog alongside many of our local interviews; our newest team member, Cassy, is a student at UALR and just joined the team in August! Bella Vita is growing and we are thrilled to see what the future holds!
Another big project we launched this year was the Boss Lady Blog! It's hard to believe that our little side project has been live and thriving since March and we have already featured 24 Boss Ladies! Brandy came up with the idea for Boss Lady after years of being inspired by the women around her who are building empires doing what they love. The intention of the blog has always been to praise and encourage female entrepreneurs and inspire more people to follow their own passions. One of the beautiful by-products of reaching out to all these bad ass ladies has been that we have watched a network of women come together to support one another. It is so exciting to see people supporting each other and watching everyone's business grow!
Some of the ladies that we featured earlier in the year have made exciting new steps in their businesses, so we thought this would be a good time to highlight what they are working on now!
- Jill of Jill White Designs has launched a new website and blog.
- Sally of Loblolly Creamery opened her brick and mortar Scoop Shop on South Main Street in Little Rock.
- Kim of Azul Home just released four 2018 Calendar designs as well as an adorable enamel #henpin collection based on her art.
- Natalie of Freckled Hen Farmhouse was featured in the May 2017 issue of Better Homes & Gardens!
- Jen Holman's latest book, SUNSCORCHED, a young adult post-apocalyptic, was named a YARWA Rosemary contest finalist!
- Valerie of South Main Creative has been offering so many classes and workshops recently, we can hardly keep up! If you are in Central Arkansas, make sure you sign up for her newsletter.
- Colin of Crave Fuel has started providing 'Grab n Go' healthy meals, available most days at The Green Corner Store in downtown Little Rock.
- Jay of i'mindful, LLC, has taken a big career step by accepting a position with Ropeswing Hospitality Group where she will be responsible for their in-house Talent Development Program and Mindfulness Education. Read the press release here.
- Dani of Good Natured Art was recently featured on marthastewart.com, O Magazine, and is now teaching her DIY Fiber Art courses both in person and online.
- Tanarah of Tanarah Luxe Floral's shop is stuffed to the gills with the most beautiful Holiday season decor. Go see her if you need help decking your halls!
- Katie of The Katie Co. gave birth to her son, Warren, and still found time to open her shop back up for the busy holiday season order rush!
- Lindsey of Honey Pies will be taking pre-orders for all your holiday dessert needs... her pies will sell out so make sure to call in advance!
These are just a few updates, but all the Boss Ladies are making things happen... make sure you stay up to date with all the ladies by following them on social media! To everyone who has participated in this project: THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts for everything you do. We have lots of wonderful women ready to feature on the blog, and we can't wait for you to read their interviews and get inspired! And as always, if you know a woman entrepreneur that inspires you... send her our way!
We hope everyone has a beautiful and relaxing Thanksgiving Holiday... and we will be back at it this weekend for Small Business Saturday!
With Gratitude - The Bella Vita Team